Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award

Right there in the middle of so much chaos and so little time was the most wonderful surprise!  Crystal nominated my tiny corner of Blogdom for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award!


I'm stunned, I'm happy!  I see all the stats that show that people from all over the world are reading my tiny blog, but I don't really know who most of them are or what they think of my little stories.  And then there is Crystal reading my blog and I'm happy!  I love her blog and what she shares is wonderful so please get a cup of tea and give her blog a read. 

The Official Award Rules are:

1.  Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2.  Put the Award logo on your blog.
3.  Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4.  Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5.  Nominate ten blogs.

With the first two rules finished, here are my answers to Crystal's questions:

1.  Why is your blog named what it is?     My blog is named The Perfect Touch because I believe that accessories and details are what make any costume or creation unique and beautiful.  The perfect little hairpiece, the perfect shoes, the perfect trim....the perfect touch.  And you know it when you see/create it because it makes your heart happy and brings a smile to your eyes.

2.  What made you decide to start blogging?  As a self-taught costumer I wanted to share and hopefully inspire others to dive in and go where their imagination could take them.  I share my failures and tears as much as I share my successes and smiles because it takes both to learn.

3.  What do you enjoy most about blogging?  I consider the costume/project finished when I have written and shared the final result in the blog.  I love feeling that I am always connected to those who read the blog and share this hobby/passion.

4.  On average, how much time do you spend sewing?  The sewing takes the least amount of time and I probably spend double the sewing time in ironing.  Truly!  I'm a stickler about pressing every seam as I sew.  Over the past year I've sewn a lot of projects and tried to spend at least an hour a day in the sewing room.  Now how much time do I spend daydreaming or researching?  A lot!

5.  Of your favourite eras, do you prefer having patterns pre-made or making your own?  I'm fortunate to be an average size and that most pre-made patterns fit me well.  I don't yet know how to draft my own pattern but I've become good at customizing and designing so that I'm happy that my final costume in unique.

6.  Speaking of favourite eras, which one is yours and why?  Without a doubt my favourite era is the early bustle period of the Victorian era.  The trims!!  The trims!!

7.  What is the most unconventional object used in a previous project?  (Either in the making of, or actually in the item.)  The parts to a vintage Singer sewing machine.  Yes!  It was a Steampunk costume called Steamstress No. 1 and this crazy assortment of parts became pieces on the hat, a necklace, and a corselette and the flywheel became part of the bustle.  Very fun!

8.  Describe your ideal sewing area.  Absolutely has to have easy access to hot water and teabags.  Otherwise I can sew anywhere.

9.  Care to share your favourite sewing tip/trick?  Chopsticks.  They are amazing for creating those beautiful points of a collar.

10.  Coffee of tea?  Plain or doctored?  I'm simple in that I love Starbucks Columbian coffee for the morning and Lady Grey Tea for the afternoon.  Nothing added.  Well, except a chocolate bar.


Here are my 10 questions for the blogs I nominate for this award:

1.  What is your favorite fabric?
2.  What era would you most like to visit?
3.  Does anyone else in your family share your hobby/hobbies?
4.  What part of the world have you not seen and would love to visit?
5.  Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?  Or neither?
6.  Have you ever ridden a horse?
7.  Do you have your blog printed?
8.  Are you a morning person?
9.  Have you invented something?
10.  Do you use Pinterest?  If so, how many pins do you have?

My nominees are:

1.  Trudy @ D'Nalof Design
2.  Gretchen @ Part Time Lion Tamer
3.  Loretta and Isabella @ Two Nerdy History Girls
4.  Juniesy @ The Serial Hobbyist Girl
5.  Leimomi @ The Dreamstress
6.  Lauren @ Wearing History
7.  Val @ Time Traveling in Costume
8.  Cindy @ Broke Costumer
9.  Black Tulip @ Black Tulip Sewing
10.  Kat @ Madame Modiste

All these bloggers have inspired me in my passion and I thank every one!

Love always,
Jeanette




No comments:

Post a Comment