The next six months have some amazing HSF Challenges:
1. Under $10 - I have 2 possibilities for this Challenge: a pair of gloves for the Manet painting recreation, or a corset bag.
2. Paisley and Plaid - With some of the plaid silk taffeta left from the Fairytale Challenge, I'm planning an 1890s skirt, blouse with plaid oversleeves, and a paisley brocade corselet. This costume might travel to Costume College with me (if there is room in the suitcase).
3. The Great Outdoors - A 1940s beach pyjamas.
4. Terminology - Another chance to add to the Manet painting recreation by making a calico 1880s day dress.
5. Yellow - The finish to the Manet painting with a sunrise color parasol.
6. Poetry in Motion - The Bumboat Woman poem inspires a nautical costume.
7. HSF Inspiration - 1920s brassiere and bloomers inspired by another HSF participant.
8. Alternative Universe - A Steampunk gown with fabulous wings.
9. Re-Do - Another corset with awesome flossing.
10. Choice - This is currently being voted on by HSF participants.
11. Modern History - A Regency-inspired cap.
12. All That Glitters - The ballgown for the Victorian Dance Cruise Diamond Ball.
Three other items in the plan are the 1910s Suit-A-Long suit which is now on the cutting table and will be taken to Costume College, a 1950s dress for another sew-a-long, and a 1920s dress for the Downton Abbey Costume Exhibit visit in September.
I've learned so much this year and have had a wonderful time creating. Looking forward to the second half!